Should I go to UOP or buy 3 BMWs instead?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jason UCSD2000

tabasco is my friend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is a car included in tuition? :) Maybe I will shave my head after all - it's not like I'll be able to afford a haircut...ah, but it must be included in my tuition...

Members don't see this ad.

LOL that's why I'm hoping I can get in state residency in Maryland.

$50,000 a year ...thats ALOT.

A BMW is not included in the tuition; however a BMW is included in the signing bonus. :laugh: :clap: :D :) ;) :p :cool: :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I will shave my head after all - it's not like I'll be able to afford a haircut...ah,

LOL. That's what I'm sayin' too. Go to UOP Jason!! Like I've said, I know it's a good program bc so many of the people I work with are from there and they are very much on top of their game with great career prospsects.

No BMer on admission, but you're at least a year closer to gettin one since it's only a three year program.

I don't know if you've been reading the SC threads (but you should be since I started 'em ;) ) but SC is expensive as he#$ too.

The idea of a three yr prog is pretty nice. I definitely think you should do it. The Sacramento Kings are going all the way this year. You could study in the glow of the defending champs!!!

u know that the kings WILL BE CRUSHED THIS YEAR. four peat all the way!! c'mon tri- ur the one thats gonna be the angeleno- ur gonna be basking in the L.A. sun along with the 4 time NBA defending CHAMPIONS!! LAKERS ALL THE WAY. :clap: and if u root for the kings here u will be taken down... repeat u will be taken DOWN- :smuggrin:

and if u root for the kings here u will be taken down... repeat u will be taken DOWN-

Hahahaha. You guys were one Horry 3-pter away from ending all that :mad: That guy is priceless in the clutch. Sucks.

I'm actually not a Kings fan. I just hate the Lakers. +pissed+ I'm a die hard Jazz fan

Oh yeah, and I hate the Angels. Why am I doing this again?

Are you tricking out your USC application for this year? Better get crackin!!

On the flip side of the personal bankruptcy coin we've been tossed paying for pharm school, I don't think any other health sci professional programs, have as many ways to get paid for your mandatory hours as pharmacy. Interns at walgreens in sf get $20/hr starting. some of what lvpharm has been saying is most promising. I'm feeling it right now bc i'm dead broke, but i finally get paid tomorrow, BUT that's gone as soon as get it to my landlady. I'm so crappy at being poor!!!! Yeah i know, "do i want some cheese with this whine?"

Why would you want a BMW?

To allay confusion. Jason is now at ucsf although he commutes on wknds to stockton (which is nuts. no girl is worth that ;) JUST PLAYIN'!!!)

Something I've been wondering for a while..

In the pharmacy school context, what exactly is an intern? I'm assuming its a third year pharm student? And when you are an intern, you ALWAYS get paid for your work?

Candle: Definition of an intern is a state BOP thing (again...)

Example: The first day I sat in my first year professional pharmacy school classes, I was considered a Pharmacy Intern by ND standards.

For MN, I had to have COMPLETED that first year to apply for my intern license.

And you'll hear a lot of other terms thrown about, too. Graduate Intern, Extern, etc. None of which, to my knowledge, appear as a defined term in either of my state's BOP rules or pharmacy law. But, they must have come from somewhere-perhaps they exist in someone's laws. I know that Walgreens will pay me at an "graduate pharmacy intern" wage starting 90 days before I take boards.

So we come back to our favorite answer: Check your state of practice's BOP rules and laws. Your milage may vary.

And no dollars for my rotation time as an intern. That's "work", but also "school". But I work about 20 hours a week as an intern at Wags, for hourly wage.

$50K a year??!! Man, I think my FOUR years of loans for pharmacy school are less than that. Skip the Beamer, get a Phaeton. Never close a trunk by hand again.

Originally posted by candle786
Something I've been wondering for a while..

In the pharmacy school context, what exactly is an intern? I'm assuming its a third year pharm student? And when you are an intern, you ALWAYS get paid for your work?

Really, really depends on where you are. In some states, i think WA is one of them, you can register as an intern the minute you're accepted into a pharmacy school. In Cali, you're eligible when you begin school. At SC, we filled out our applications during our orientation week and had them a mo. after school started. Being an intern provides an insame amount of autonomy, too much in my mind. I've been in school for 6mos, and I'm allowed to do everything a pharmacist can do ec verify, at least in community pharmacy. It seems they should set more rigorous standards for interns performing pt counseling.

Ok i got it. It's good to know that you can make decent money while still in school if you choose to work. Next question...Where can I find my own state's (VA) guidelines?

Originally posted by Triangulation
Being an intern provides an insame amount of autonomy, too much in my mind. I've been in school for 6mos, and I'm allowed to do everything a pharmacist can do ec verify, at least in community pharmacy. It seems they should set more rigorous standards for interns performing pt counseling.

i completely agree w/you on this!

Oh, please! It's not like your tubing someone after seeing it only once, or some other crazy med school intern thing they're asked to do. ;)

Its just counseling. I learned a trick to pretend like I was talking to the patient while reading the patient information sheet. :laugh: Learning under pressure. What better way is there?

I learned a trick to pretend like I was talking to the patient while reading the patient information sheet.

LOL!!!!!!

Originally posted by Triangulation
To allay confusion. Jason is now at ucsf although he commutes on wknds to stockton (which is nuts. no girl is worth that ;) JUST PLAYIN'!!!)

Are you talking about the commute or just having to spend the weekend in Stockton?:)

Originally posted by jason UCSD2000
Are you talking about the commute or just having to spend the weekend in Stockton?:)

Geesh. Now that you put it that way.....you got me+pad+

:spam: