1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Should I go?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Meizy, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Meizy

Meizy Member
    7+ Year Member

Need some advice--

As of today I haven't been accepted anywhere yet but have been to 11 interviews.. I was rejected from 2 of them, waitlisted in 2. so I am still waiting for 7 schools..
    I have three interviews coming up... should I go? two are in about 2-3 weeks, the other one in about a month...
    Is the mentality that I keep on going to interviews until an acceptance arrives? I am physically, emotionally, financially a bit drained.

By the way: I am a californian applicant...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

Keep at it until you have an acceptance. Hopefully one will come before you have to travel to these other schools. Until then, however, plan to go.

$0.02

4. ConstantlyWaiting

7+ Year Member

Depends on the school. At this point, I'm only holding out for one more interview (Cornell, although let's be honest it doesn't look too good). Anything else, I wouldn't go to.

5. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

yep, depends on the schools

6. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think it is important to keep attending interviews until you have one acceptance and then you can stop. It's too risky otherwise, but hopefully you'll get an acceptance very soon!

7. Bevo

Bevo Radiology, R1
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    id keep going till you hear congrats from them :D

8. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Meizy,

I'm in the same situation...I have one coming up this week, and two more in March. I've been to seven and haven't been offered a single acceptance yet. I guess I need to start showing some upper thigh... :)
    On a more serious note though, I would recommend that you keep the three interviews you have in March. Go ahead and keep the dates, but wait to book the flights. That way, if you find out you get in before your interviews, you can call the schools and not have to worry about throwing money away on air fares. Since two of your interviews aren't for another 3 weeks, hold off on the booking for another week. I hope this helps. I keep on telling myself that good things come to those who wait... :)

9. doc3334

doc3334 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

a

#8 doc3334, Feb 24, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  10. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Meizy,
    I think you should go to the rest of the interviews . Don't give up please. If you have those interviews they must have seen something good in you . so go for it.
    Goodluck :)

11. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lukewiegand:
    <strong>i called vanderbilt the day before my interview to cancel it...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">GOOD!!! Those commies deserve it, after what they did to me!

12. vinsanity

vinsanity Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If you can still afford going to the interview I would recommend you to go until you have an acceptance. This way you increase your chances of getting in. I wish you best of luck.

13. Meizy

Meizy Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks all who replied!

I am not sure how anonymous this thing is but here are the three upcoming schools if it matters in your advicing:

Northwestern
    Tufts
    MCPH

14. Meizy

Meizy Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ThingAMaJig:
    <strong>Meizy,

I'm in the same situation...I have one coming up this week, and two more in March. I've been to seven and haven't been offered a single acceptance yet. I guess I need to start showing some upper thigh... :)
    Since two of your interviews aren't for another 3 weeks, hold off on the booking for another week. I hope this helps. I keep on telling myself that good things come to those who wait... :) </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One of the interviews is in two weeks! I am just trying to decide right now whether of not to purchase air fare...thanks for all your humor!

15. matthew0126

matthew0126 Anaheim Angels
    7+ Year Member

tufts... ugh

skip that one if you only go to 2 out of 3...
    every interviewer i have met that talked about interviewing at tufts has been thoroughly unimpressed. and i'm talkin 6 or 7 people. well i took their advice and didn't go.

good luck!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Meizy:
    <strong>Thanks all who replied!

I am not sure how anonymous this thing is but here are the three upcoming schools if it matters in your advicing:

Northwestern
    Tufts
    MCPH</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

16. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

You have a lot of interviews...that bodes well. I would continue to go. I know it seems hard now, but in the end you will probably have options that you would not have otherwise. The money is nothing compared to med school costs. The interviews get easier the more you do, so the emotional and physical costs go down. Good luck!!! :D

17. katiep

katiep Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What if you don't go to the remaining three interviews, and then get rejected from the other seven and don't come off the waitlist of the other two. How are you going to feel that you did'nt go?

Unless, of course, you would not enroll even if you got accepted at Tufts, MCP, or Northwestern, and try your luck next year.

18. bentz

bentz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

man go to the rest of the interviews!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Meizy

Meizy Member
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by katiep:
    <strong>
    Unless, of course, you would not enroll even if you got accepted at Tufts, MCP, or Northwestern, and try your luck next year.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO, I would definately go anywhere if I get in somewhere this year.. thank you all!

I kind of knew the answer but wanted you guys to confirm that i would be stupid not to go...

20. NuMD97

NuMD97 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

What's the alternative? Reapply next year? Go outside the country? Change your hard-sought after dream? I realize you [as well as the rest of you folks applying] are burning out, but it's just a little bit longer, and when you get accepted to a place you can live with, then cancel all the other interviews. Until then, trek on, and good luck! :)