Should I include extracurriculars that I did for only 1 or 2 semesters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optomcats

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In college I did 3 or 4 different ECs for all four years, but they're all similar to each other (music related, I was a music minor).
But for one semester I played club soccer, for two semesters I did ballet, for two semesters I did crossfit/weight lifting, etc.
I wanna include everything I did to show that I'm well-rounded/have a variety of interests and was able to balance a full schedule consistently throughout college, but do you think it's not necessary or it "looks bad" if I only did something for just a semester or two?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just an idea, but maybe you could list all of those as one. For example, put Intramural Sports, and then in the description list all the things you did that apply.

Just an idea, but maybe you could list all of those as one. For example, put Intramural Sports, and then in the description list all the things you did that apply.

I agree with this. Not 100% sure, but they're probably more interested in health-related activities (volunteering at hospital, shadowing, 1-day volunteer work). I'm most likely not putting everything on my list that won't help my application, unless it had to do with leadership.