Should I include my spring semester grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mbekweni

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my graduate school transcript for my current Masters program several weeks ago, with my fall semester grades but nothing available for the spring. As it is, I'm ready to submit the AMCAS. However, spring grades have just posted and I now have the chance to send in the updated transcript. My grades are about the same, but my grad GPA would drop from 3.7 to 3.63 if I included these spring grades. My grad BCPM would stay exactly the same at 3.7.

Would it be better to show a slightly higher gpa, or to show more of the breadth of courses that I've taken and consistency in academic performance at the graduate level?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in my graduate school transcript for my current Masters program several weeks ago, with my fall semester grades but nothing available for the spring. As it is, I'm ready to submit the AMCAS. However, spring grades have just posted and I now have the chance to send in the updated transcript. My grades are about the same, but my grad GPA would drop from 3.7 to 3.63 if I included these spring grades. My grad BCPM would stay exactly the same at 3.7.

Would it be better to show a slightly higher gpa, or to show more of the breadth of courses that I've taken and consistency in academic performance at the graduate level?

If you applied last year and were rejected because of your GPA, they will probably want to see more grades than just fall semester.

If you applied last year and were rejected because of your GPA, they will probably want to see more grades than just fall semester.

I'm a new applicant, and my grades from undergrad are about identical (3.65 or so). Don't know how much of a difference that information makes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd try to get the transcript in. It's not going to matter if you send in the app now or in two weeks. If they take their sweet time, though, I'd just go ahead and submit (but be sure to delete the extra classes otherwise they'll wait for the transcript).

So I am on the quarter system (UCLA). I am a third year and sent in my transcripts about two weeks ago. I still have finals for spring quarter in the coming week. So the transcript they received does not contain spring grades. When will the schools see my spring quarter grades....if ever? Do they see my senior grades? When? This will greatly change my motivation to study for finals :p. Thanks!

I'd try and do as well as possible of course. You won't need to send in the grades now. But, you may want to send schools an update at some point during the coming year, and it may be helpful if you could include recent classes and grades, among other things. Plus, if the worst happens and you want to re-apply next year you're going to want to have the best GPA possible.