Should I include these things in the work/activity section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JugglesMed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) I have been day trading stocks for years and have lots of knowledge on it. Should I include this? And is this under Employment or other?
2) I created an application on google App Store which helps call taxis or pre set designated drivers when you're out drinking. Also has some other features. Has over 80k downloads. This one should be okay to include too right?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) I have been day trading stocks for years and have lots of knowledge on it. Should I include this? And is this under Employment or other?
2) I created an application on google App Store which helps call taxis or pre set designated drivers when you're out drinking. Also has some other features. Has over 80k downloads. This one should be okay to include too right?

I'm not sure about the first one, but I would definitely include the second one. You should definitely present it in a way which you care about your community and the safety of those around you. You hope to protect them by making it easier for people to make responsible choices while drunk. You could also talk about the knowledge you gained in computer programming/app creation during the process and why/if you believe that will help you in medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure about the first one, but I would definitely include the second one. You should definitely present it in a way which you care about your community and the safety of those around you. You hope to protect them by making it easier for people to make responsible choices while drunk. You could also talk about the knowledge you gained in computer programming/app creation during the process and why/if you believe that will help you in medicine.

Should we relate all our activities to how it will help us with medicine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we relate all our activities to how it will help us with medicine?
I don't think you should make stretches to include things that obviously don't relate to medicine. But with this one the relation is pretty clear.

Reactions: 1 user
Go ahead and put everything that you're involved in/hobbies. The admissions com might not care but it can't hurt you.