Should I include this in amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeaLeef

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first language is ..., but I never learned to read/write the language until recently. I haven't taken any formal classes, and I just learn on my own. Do you guys think I should include this in the activites section of amcas? I don't want to include if it adcoms think that i'm just adding fluff. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

TeaLeef said:
My first language is ..., but I never learned to read/write the language until recently. I haven't taken any formal classes, and I just learn on my own. Do you guys think I should include this in the activites section of amcas? I don't want to include if it adcoms think that i'm just adding fluff. Thanks! :)
If it has helped shape who you are, and you are comfortable talking about it (and possibly giving a demonstration) during an interview, then I would go ahead and list it. Its certainly interesting and may help to set you apart from the thousands of other applicants.

TeaLeef said:

I would add it...anything that makes you unique/interesting is good.