Should I include this on my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatchAdams25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You really should account for your time over breaks/summers and adcoms do respect students who come from blue collar roots, so I would strongly recommend listing your employment in the family business on your application.

Two months of employment on the road with a band is out of the ordinary. I'd certainly find it more interesting than talking about one more semester abroad in Spain or Chile or wherever the cool kids are going these days. (No offense intended to the cool kids. Buena suerte, amigos.) List it and what it taught you about a cross-section of the American public that you came in contact with through that experience. Someday, those same folks may be your patients.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually have been wondering the same thing! My first actual job was selling merchandise for bands at a huge music festival in Pennsylvania. I hadn't thought to include it, but now that I think about it, they do give you fifteen spaces for activities! Why not??

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually have been wondering the same thing! My first actual job was selling merchandise for bands at a huge music festival in Pennsylvania. I hadn't thought to include it, but now that I think about it, they do give you fifteen spaces for activities! Why not??

Anything that adds value I guess... I was on a very well known rock tour where I got to see a very diverse(& different) group of people from all across the country that will someday be my patients (probably by blowing out their eardrums at one of these concerts).

I would include both activities. They are different from the typical pre-med activities and may make for interesting discussion points during your interviews.