Should I just give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turkishking

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ws are not the end of the world. I have 3 Ws and no interviewer ever even mentioned them. They were a long time ago and I've proven myself to be much better than that, which is something completely achievable for you, especially if you have such a high GPA. Take some time off if you need to. Get some perspective. Realize your life is much bigger than just getting into medical school. Things like family, friends, and growth are more important. Once you are in a better state of mind, you can continue working on your medical school dream. It will make a world of difference, trust me.

Ws are not the end of the world. I have 3 Ws and no interviewer ever even mentioned them. They were a long time ago and I've proven myself to be much better than that, which is something completely achievable for you, especially if you have such a high GPA. Take some time off if you need to. Get some perspective. Realize your life is much bigger than just getting into medical school. Things like family, friends, and growth are more important. Once you are in a better state of mind, you can continue working on your medical school dream. It will make a world of difference, trust me.
What will I do? My family isn't from here. I'll just look like a loser to them, which I am.

To give myself some sort of boost of confidence, I keep up with my EC's, but I just get angry at myself.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Turk, I think that there are deeper issues going on here. Get some professional help, OK?

What will I do? My family isn't from here. I'll just look like a loser to them, which I am.

To give myself some sort of boost of confidence, I keep up with my EC's, but I just get angry at myself.

Reactions: 1 users

Turkishking, always remember that you're doing the best you can with the information you have today. Had you know then, what you know now would be a different story however, it wouldn't have been written by you. Also, be nice to Turkishking, he is a pretty amazing person in HIS own way. Stick with what makes you smile. If the route you're on doesn't make you smile at the sun in the morning, shift gears and take a different route. NEVER give up!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Turkishking, always remember that you're doing the best you can with the information you have today. Had you know then, what you know now would be a different story however, it wouldn't have been written by you. Also, be nice to Turkishking, he is a pretty amazing person in HIS own way. Stick with what makes you smile. If the route you're on doesn't make you smile at the sun in the morning, shift gears and take a different route. NEVER give up!!!
Not giving up with my mission to get into medical school.

Reactions: 1 users