10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 14, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Finally got verified today.

I took Orgo II in the Spring of 2005, got a C, then took it again in the summer and got a B.

On last year's AMCAS, the "repeat" course type designation was next to only the summer term entry. This year everything was saved and I just resent it as is, but the editor put the "repeat" designation next to both course entries. Should I bring this up, or just let this one slide and go ahead and list the rest of mys schools to get the secondaries going?

They also switched a mythology class I took from "other" last year to "english" this year.

Funny though how the same courses 2 years in a row were though of differently from year to year.

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
TCIrish03 said:
Finally got verified today.

I took Orgo II in the Spring of 2005, got a C, then took it again in the summer and got a B.

On last year's AMCAS, the "repeat" course type designation was next to only the summer term entry. This year everything was saved and I just resent it as is, but the editor put the "repeat" designation next to both course entries. Should I bring this up, or just let this one slide and go ahead and list the rest of mys schools to get the secondaries going?

They also switched a mythology class I took from "other" last year to "english" this year.

Funny though how the same courses 2 years in a row were though of differently from year to year.
Dunno what the deal was with the mythology course. But every time you repeat a class, it should be listed as "Repeat", I don't know why it slid by last time, but don't argue about it this time.

Johannen

Weathered Wayfarer
10+ Year Member
May 15, 2006
Wisconsin
Status
Pre-Medical
Depakote said:
Dunno what the deal was with the mythology course. But every time you repeat a class, it should be listed as "Repeat", I don't know why it slid by last time, but don't argue about it this time.
Right, but if I interpret this correctly, the editor's placing "repeat" next to the original try. Should that be there?

About the Ads

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
Johannen said:
Right, but if I interpret this correctly, the editor's placing "repeat" next to the original try. Should that be there?
Sorry, I didn't word my response clearly.

Every time you take a class that is taken more than once should be labeled as a repeat.

i.e. Orgo I- Fall 05 -- Repeat

Orgo I- Fall 06-- Repeat

Orgo II- Spring 07(no subsequent taking)

Zuerst

Plutonium Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2005
Republic of Texas
Status
I think it is more beneficial/clear to have repeat next to both? So when someone sees a C for Ochem1 and repeat, they'll know you attempted that class another time and hopefully got a better grade?

About the Ads