Should I list upcoming talk/presentation on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rucap09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Planning to submit AMCAS this week (later than ideal, but I've been tied up due to a hard deadline for finishing experiments and submitting a manuscript). I'm scheduled to give a research seminar at a biotech company, but the date will be a couple weeks after I submit AMCAS. Is this even worth listing? If so, should I list this as a future event?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Planning to submit AMCAS this week (later than ideal, but I've been tied up due to a hard deadline for finishing experiments and submitting a manuscript). I'm scheduled to give a research seminar at a biotech company, but the date will be a couple weeks after I submit AMCAS. Is this even worth listing? If so, should I list this as a future event?

You can list it with the month/year. If you list it, make sure you go.

You can list it with the month/year. If you list it, make sure you go.

Awesome, thanks. I had two other questions if you or anyone else wouldn't mind tackling them.

1) Would you suggest combining research internships on AMCAS for personal activities? I'm a non-trad and did 3 years after college and 3 summer internships while in college. Since I already went over each for the significant essay, should I just combine the internships and then do a separate entry for the longitudinal experience? Feel like this might be a neurotic question, so if it doesn't matter either way I understand. Just didn't want to space them out to four entries since I had other activities I wanted to include.

2) I applied for and received funding through a diversity supplement from the NIH that has covered my salary/conference costs for the last two years. My PI and I co-wrote the application, which has him listed as the sponsoring PI and myself as the candidate. Should this be entered separately under "honors, awards, recognitions" or just included in the description for my current research experience entry?

Thanks again for your help.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Would you suggest combining research internships on AMCAS for personal activities?

If you want to use the spots for other activities, that should be fine. I applied a LONG time ago, but I think I did something similar (listed all presentations under one activity, all teaching under another, etc)

2) I applied for and received funding through a diversity supplement from the NIH that has covered my salary/conference costs for the last two years. Should this be entered separately under "honors, awards, recognitions" or just included in the description for my current research experience entry?

If it was a grant, I would certainly list it under honors and awards.

If you want to use the spots for other activities, that should be fine. I applied a LONG time ago, but I think I did something similar (listed all presentations under one activity, all teaching under another, etc)

If it was a grant, I would certainly list it under honors and awards.

Alright last question...haha at least I think :) I had a scholarship and a small research grant during undergraduate that I also needed to include for awards/honors. If I combine these under one entry, do you have any clue what the best way to format the location/contact/organization name would be? Since my post-bacc grant is the most current, should I just enter contact info for my PI?