Should I Panic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Will

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Um I submitted my FAFSA a little over a month ago and have yet to hear anything back yet. I'm probably gonna be starting a post bac program in less than two weeks. Should I be worried now?

Members don't see this ad.

How did you submit your FAFSA? Online/electronically?

If you did, and you had an electronic signature (with pin), then you will not get anything in the mail.

Do you mean you're worried that you haven't heard anything from the school??

Yup, it was submitted electronically. I haven't recieved an email confirmation or anything like that at all. And I haven't heard about anything from my school. But I'm assuming that will be taken care of at orientation when I talk to the financial aid office. This just seemed much easier when I did this from college.

Members don't see this ad :)
You definitely should have gotten an email notification saying that it was submitted. Maybe you should call them??

will,

i think u can check online to see your student aid report....i don't remember getting any notificatiuon from fafsa, except to check back a week after submission.

I had to fill out a bunch of forms for the FA at Finch, so you might wanna call the office and have them send the forms to you.

and don't worry too much, because the FA office is used to people getting their stuff in last minute and all that good stuff...I spoke to one guy on the phone at Finch (Jamie?) and he was awesome...he answered every little FA question for me.

no te preocupes :)

I'd call the school and see what info they have received.

I submitted online and got the initial confirmation email, but nothing else (I didn't use the electronic signature).