should i pass/fail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chrsjav

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first post. I recently decided to become a pre-med monster, so here's my dilemma:

I'm a sophomore from a large undistinguished state school. I'm doing well in my science courses, but my 4th semester German course is just kicking my ass! Why is it that the only hard courses for me are my electives??

I've already 'Q' dropped a Greek lit class this semester (i know, what was i thinking), and last year I pass/failed the impossibly hard Logic, Sets, and Recursion course that I thought would be interesting (i discovered too late it was the CS major "weed-out" course). Now I worry that if I pass/fail this elective, I'll look like someone who quits during any hardship.

Ugh, I'm sure you've all had your share of mean profs who seem to enjoy destroying your grade in every possible way. :mad: Thanks for reading

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should try to stick it out for exactly the reason you mentioned:

"I'll look like someone who quits during any hardship."

What does it mean to Q drop a course? Does that mean that it will appear on your transcript?

As for doing P/F, just try not to do too many overall. If this is only your second one, though, it should be ok. If you think you will get a C in this course, then switch to P/F. If you are worried because it might be an A-, it might be better to not switch to P/F, as there is probably a much harder course that you will need to save that P/F status for.