Should I pick Boston or LECOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having a hard time deciding between these two schools. If you have any insight or opinions about either I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Boston!!! I interviewed at LECOM and the PBL and lack of specialities marks it lower in my books.

Boston is very reputable and although it it might be slightly more expensive, it is well worth the investment . Not sure how good their clinical portion is since I didn't interview there but I'm assuming it's good.

I'm in my last year at BU. If you have any specific questions, I can answer them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I ran across these threads when I was first applying for schools:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/heyy-boston-u-new-jersey-dental-students-out-there.821983/
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ol-is-way-overcrowded-ahem-bu-and-usc.888654/

I suggest anyone who was accepted to BU or are considering it to read through them.
But as people say, take the things on SDN with a grain of salt. I'm also not trying to bash the school! I personally know nothing about BU (applied but didn't hear back), but I think that these threads are worth looking at just for the feedback from one person (or several).

lol... that student must have went to bu over 5 years ago because it's been online for booking patients since before i started my first year vs camping out of the school like that poster mentions. the school has changed quite a bit with the transitioning to the group practice setting. so starting this june/july, students don't have to call patients and set up appointments or book chairs.... it's done for you by your group practice receptionists. they brought in a new director who has completely changed the way the clinic works. i believe it is the same guy that set up the tufts clinic (atleast that is what i heard). my advice is to contact current 3rd year and 4th year students at the school rather than making your judgement on a thread started by an angry student from I don't know how many years ago. and don't contact the students that give you the tours because i believe they have a biased opinion.