Should I postpone from 8/19 to 9/11 test date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soundnin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some input from the good people on SDN :)

So I started studying in May. I am 4 years out of college, so I took a month or so to do content review. I used the big Kaplan book (2009-2010 edition), as well as doing some practice sections from old Kaplan material I came across (dated from 2005 or so). I took my first AAMC FL around the end of June and these are my scores (PS, VR, BS) and dates taken so far:

AAMC:
FL 10: 6/25 - 9,11,11
FL 9: 7/10 - 12,11,10
FL 8: 7/12 - 11,9,11
FL 3: 7/28 - 11,10,10
FL 4: 8/5 - 11,10,11

It bothers me not only because I'm not improving over time (which equals more studying/practice), but I'm scoring about the same on tests that are supposedly "easier" according to general consensus on SDN. Also, I'm really shooting for something above 35, and I can't seem to break this barrier.

One improvement is that my speed is increasing. On FL 4, I had about 15m left for each section VS finishing on time or with just a few minutes to spare. That definitely felt better, but it's not like my score improved because of the extra time I had.

So a few questions: should I reschedule my exam date to give me a few more weeks on top of the two weeks I have left? Would I be able to increase my score a few points to hit or break that elusive 35? How best to go about this? What am I doing wrong?

My current plan was this:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10002397&postcount=84

If I reschedule, I will finish the material outlined in that schedule, but am also looking to pick up some other books, either EK or BR, to further supplement my studying.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Members don't see this ad.

Uh so I just noticed that the last day to make changes for 8/19 is today lol. If I can get some input asap, that would be awesome ;)

Hi all,

Looking for some input from the good people on SDN :)

So I started studying in May. I am 4 years out of college, so I took a month or so to do content review. I used the big Kaplan book (2009-2010 edition), as well as doing some practice sections from old Kaplan material I came across (dated from 2005 or so). I took my first AAMC FL around the end of June and these are my scores (PS, VR, BS) and dates taken so far:

AAMC:
FL 10: 6/25 - 9,11,11
FL 9: 7/10 - 12,11,10
FL 8: 7/12 - 11,9,11
FL 3: 7/28 - 11,10,10
FL 4: 8/5 - 11,10,11

It bothers me not only because I'm not improving over time (which equals more studying/practice), but I'm scoring about the same on tests that are supposedly "easier" according to general consensus on SDN. Also, I'm really shooting for something above 35, and I can't seem to break this barrier.

One improvement is that my speed is increasing. On FL 4, I had about 15m left for each section VS finishing on time or with just a few minutes to spare. That definitely felt better, but it's not like my score improved because of the extra time I had.

So a few questions: should I reschedule my exam date to give me a few more weeks on top of the two weeks I have left? Would I be able to increase my score a few points to hit or break that elusive 35? How best to go about this? What am I doing wrong?

My current plan was this:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10002397&postcount=84

If I reschedule, I will finish the material outlined in that schedule, but am also looking to pick up some other books, either EK or BR, to further supplement my studying.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Personally, I think that you shouldn't reschedule. You're scoring in the 30+ range already so the chances of you making a 35 is definitely possible. Just use these last few days to practice and strengthen your weaknesses. Goodluck.

Personally, I think that you shouldn't reschedule. You're scoring in the 30+ range already so the chances of you making a 35 is definitely possible. Just use these last few days to practice and strengthen your weaknesses. Goodluck.

thanks for the response. however, wouldn't it be unrealistic of me to think that my score will magically improve in 2 weeks if it hasn't improved in 5 weeks? well, i guess postponing it wouldn't solve anything either, since the same logic could apply... lol.