SHOULD I POSTPONE MCAT TO JULY 31 HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabtain1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been studying for 6 months. I am aiming for a 513-515 on mcat. Schedule for 7/18. Took fl1 2 months ago and got a 502. Highest kaplan score 503. Just took fl2 and scored a 509 127/126/128/127. Struggled with timing and guessed on 2 passages in each section except p/s. Please tell me if I should reschedule to July 31 or can I achieve my goal score in the next two weeks (studying day and night) - finished all aamc material except fl 4. Finished UWORLD. Also keep in mind my primary has been submitted June 10, so I am afraid I will receive secondaries at the end of July and that will distract me from MCAT studying. Original plan is to take mcat on 18th and then start working on secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

I would reschedule. Timing is one of the hardest parts of the MCAT to get better at and requires months of practice to fix. If FL3 and 4 aren't ~512+, then it would probably be a good idea to postpone a bit.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors