10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
I just took the first 2 Topscores exams, one week apart. My scores are:
BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR/PAT
TS#1: 18/20/19/20/22/20
TS#2: 19/19/19/19/21/24
I've been studying for 6-7wks, 3-4hrs/day. My dat is in a week. Not sure if i should reschedule for another maybe another 2 wks. Any suggests would be appreciated! Thanks.

Jul 28, 2009
Tennessee
Status
Pre-Dental
Your scores look fine to me. I did similar on one of my practice tests this past Sunday and am taking mine August 15th. I've seen people on this site that have made around your scores on Topscore (which look good) and do very well on the test. I would just go ahead and take it if I were you unless you feel really uncomfortable in a particular area (which I don't think is the case by looking at your scores).

Aug 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
As long as you know what you are getting wrong on the topscore then NO take it when your scheduled. Review everything that you are getting wrong because they ask similar questions... I scored about 2-3 points higher on the actual DATs than on the Topscore

ohdearhopeipass

10+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2009
Status
i think you should postpone... i mean if you're asking us, that means you're not ready... just don't postpone it like months

OP
N

nhasifuture

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
thanks guys for your opinions, I think I will take it on the 11th. cant wait to get it over with. 5 days to go, wish me luck guys :)

Jul 9, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
You will score 19-22 on RC and QR on the real thing. TS may fluctuate up and down, usually it is higher on the real thing.

Take the third test and report back.

noles

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2008
Status
Dental Student
i only took the first topscore test but i found the QR to be extremely easy compared to the real thing. i got a 22 on the topscore first test but horrible on the real DAT. higher on real DAT sciences

whawha

10+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2009
Status
i only took the first topscore test but i found the QR to be extremely easy compared to the real thing. i got a 22 on the topscore first test but horrible on the real DAT. higher on real DAT sciences
Is that because there were harder problems like probability and trig on real DAT? or... because problems were just longer so you ran out of time?

May 15, 2009
CA
Status
Dental Student
I don't think an extra week of studying would do much for you. Just take the test and get it out of the way.