• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Should I postpone my Mcat date

albert101

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
    I am in a delimma. I have 1 month till my real Mcat test date (may 31) and right now my score is 20. I was wondering if I postpone my Mcat date to july or agust it would become too late and lose acceptance chance since the med school application processing is based on rolling base (Comes first serve first). But I also heard that if I apply to med school june and send my Mact scores say agust it would be still good since it takes 1 month for med school to process the application first. Is it true. Thanks.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
    10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 27, 2007
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Yes, you should seriously consider delaying your MCAT. You're scores are not nearly high enough for med school. If you don't see a major improvement in your scores (consistently getting a minimum of 30) before your last chance to reschedule, definitely move the test back. It doesn't matter how early you get your app in when you're averaging a 20 because a 20 on the real thing will kill your app. It's better to wait until you're ready to take the MCAT. Worst case if you delay taking, get a good score and don't get in, is that you will be among the first next cycle.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.