Should I postpone my MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxasblade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN.

I'm wondering If I should postpone my MCAT that is about a month away. My target score is >510, but I feel that I'm really rushed trying to take five 3rd party practice exams, 2 AAMC, 1 Sample, and Section bank. I've Taken 3 Practice Exams so far. I went through 2 months of content review with TBR, and feel that I'm forgetting some stuff. Is that normal, and that I just need more practice to reinforce it?

Maybe its my anxiety kicking in because my MCAT is in a month and I'm just ranting.
Let me know if I'm over my head.

NS #1 (half-way through content review): Total: 502 , 125/123/127/127
EK#1 (after content review): Total: 62%, C/P 59%, CARS 64%, B/B 68%, P/S 63%
NS #2 : Total: 505 126/126/126/127

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN.

I'm wondering If I should postpone my MCAT that is about a month away. My target score is >510, but I feel that I'm really rushed trying to take five 3rd party practice exams, 2 AAMC, 1 Sample, and Section bank. I've Taken 3 Practice Exams so far. I went through 2 months of content review with TBR, and feel that I'm forgetting some stuff. Is that normal, and that I just need more practice to reinforce it?

Maybe its my anxiety kicking in because my MCAT is in a month and I'm just ranting.

You should take a practice AAMC in order to have an accurate representation of where your score is. Depending on that, you can more accurately gauge what to do.

From what you've mentioned and seemingly from your practice exam scores, it seems like you're having some difficulty with content, so I would recommend reviewing content and do some practice passages afterwards to reinforce that information.

Hi SDN.

@rufflev is 1000% right. The only really indicative exams are the AAMC FLs. You should take one ASAP to gauge where you really are.

In terms of trying to fit all the other practice exams in before your test date, one of the biggest things about this process is being able to be flexible with your planning. I had intended to take way more practice exams then I ultimately did (6), but at the time felt strongly that content review was more valuable and I was right about that. So be open to changing things up. I think if you score around 507 on AAMC FL 1 you should not reschedule.