Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjj8817

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled to take mcat on July 2 and I took aamc 3 and 5 so far and I got 30 and 31 on these. (11 10 9 and 12 9 10) However I'm still not quite done with content review and I haven't read orgo much yet. I also would like to go through tprh sci workbook and do some of the problems. I'm aiming for about 33+. Should I postpone to July 12?

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like you have about 2 weeks to finish content review and read orgo XD, and at least the rest of the AAMC practice tests? If you've only done 3 and 4, that leaves you 5,7,8,9,10,11 for 6 more FLs. If all you're doing is just studying, it's definitely do-able. But if you have a job/other obligations, it'll be really difficult.

Best of luck OP!

Yeah it's the only thing I'm doing. Do you think pushing it to July 12 is not worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well actually I didn't clarify this. what I meant was I am free until about july 5. After that I am moving to DC for NIH postbac irta research lab job for my gap year. I start work on July 7.

Do you think I should still postpone a little bit so that I have more time to review concepts and do practice problems?

I would postpone.. I think you got great scores but the MCAT is not going to have the same content each time and I personally feel like the AAMC aren't the BEST representation of the range of topics that come up.. I am just speaking on previous experience since I took a class then took the MCAT and you always hear "high yield/low yield" problems but the truth of the matter is the more problems and passages you are exposed to the more you are able to decipher the diverse material that the MCAT gives you. It's your choice at the end of the day so good luck! :)

Ehh...so pretty much you'll be distracted starting from July 7th. You also don't get to study the 4th-6th because of moving. Might actually hurt you XD, and cause more stress!

Ehh...so pretty much you'll be distracted starting from July 7th. You also don't get to study the 4th-6th because of moving. Might actually hurt you XD, and cause more stress!

Well my family is most likely coming with me and they said that I can just stay in the library while they take care of moving process lol so I'm not sure. And I could technically study after work since work ends around 5 or 6

Thank you!

If you think you can fully utilize those last couple of days, it'll probably be worth it! It's just that moving and starting new jobs/internships are full of unexpected stressors and they're tiring! Best of luck OP!