Should I postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been prepping since Feb for a June 13th MCAT and have not made as much progress as I would've liked. I am getting 8's in PS and BS and 5-7 in the verbal TPR tests.

My raw score is 21-22. Should I postpone till July 10th? I think I am improving but it has been real slow. I need to definitely improve my verbal more...

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't postpone just yet. Keep plugging away for now. Also, you need to take an AAMC test to see where you stand. Try taking AAMC 3, the free one.

You need to realize that spots are filling up fast. You gotta decide ASAP if you want to postpone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hard to say. But you won't be considered late. Also, you won't be considered early either.

Take the actual AAMC tests and see how you do. Those are the best way to predict your score.

I'd delay to July. Having a score in that range usually indicates that you don't have the content down. I'd focus on content in May while doing copious amounts of practice problems, then doing more practice tests in June. I think you have to wait until you get your first MCAT score before retaking, but I'm really not sure. Don't worry about applying right now. It doesn't matter how early you are in the admissions process if you don't have a solid MCAT. Get the MCAT down, THEN worry about admissions. It's much better to take it and have to wait a year, as opposed to rushing and getting a bad score.