• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Should I postpone?

Deepa100

10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
I have been prepping since Feb for a June 13th MCAT and have not made as much progress as I would've liked. I am getting 8's in PS and BS and 5-7 in the verbal TPR tests.

My raw score is 21-22. Should I postpone till July 10th? I think I am improving but it has been real slow. I need to definitely improve my verbal more...

About the Ads

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'd delay to July. Having a score in that range usually indicates that you don't have the content down. I'd focus on content in May while doing copious amounts of practice problems, then doing more practice tests in June. I think you have to wait until you get your first MCAT score before retaking, but I'm really not sure. Don't worry about applying right now. It doesn't matter how early you are in the admissions process if you don't have a solid MCAT. Get the MCAT down, THEN worry about admissions. It's much better to take it and have to wait a year, as opposed to rushing and getting a bad score.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.