Medical Should I preemptively schedule an interview while still waiting to hear back from top choice school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to receive an interview from a school that is scheduling around late February into early March. Currently, I'm waiting to hear back from my top choice school, which has said they will be notifying us of their decisions in the first week of February. Would it be okay to go ahead and schedule an interview in late Feb/early March and cancel if I receive good news from my top choice?

I'm mainly hesitating to schedule because I'm not sure how appropriate it is to schedule and then cancel an interview only a few weeks before the actual interview.
Until you get an offer, don't assume anything. Schedule your interview.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you both for the quick response. I guess I was mainly concerned about coming across as rude if I canceled my interview only a week or two in advance. Or if this shouldn't be something to get too worried about.
Giving a week's notice is fine. Being a no-show without prior notice is unprofessional but common, especially late in interview season.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Your chances also increase with more interviews, and you don't know what dates will be offered by your number 1. Schedule now. If you get an offer from your # 1 and the only available date(s) conflict, call and see if another date is available from the school you already have an II from. If you wait too long, they will suspect a lack of interest and fill it with someone else, and then what happens if #1 never comes through?

Status
Not open for further replies.