Should I purchase the US News Medical School Report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dododr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to come across as a major cheapo...but I am. I don't really know what is in the US News Medical School guide. I heard there are stats such as interview to acceptances ratio. Also there are three options a 10, 30, and 35 dollars each. Opinions, anyone bought them, or willing to buy them and tell me whats in there haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. You can learn all you need to right here on SDN. If only pre-med advisors would spend a little more time here.

Of course, there is a lot of crap flying around here too, so make sure you learn to separate wise advice from well, you know.

I hate to come across as a major cheapo...but I am. I don't really know what is in the US News Medical School guide. I heard there are stats such as interview to acceptances ratio. Also there are three options a 10, 30, and 35 dollars each. Opinions, anyone bought them, or willing to buy them and tell me whats in there haha.

No. Get the MSAR and the DO equivalent, which is available on aacom.org for free.

US news isn't too useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste your money. Most of the DO schools lack data in US News Medical School Report.

Don't waste your money. Most of the DO schools lack data in US News Medical School Report.

If you do get it, make sure you get the book. The website is horrible to use. Then again, so is the online MSAR.

Ironically the best resource is free: the Osteopathic CIB (as mententioned above).