Should I pursue a Masters degree in Urban Planning or go to Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Omen282

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
both options are available to me now, but there's a conflict between what I want and what my family wants.

My mother wants me to go to California Northstate University and try my best to obtain a Pharmacist license.
My father wants me to improve my grades in a year and try to get in a better Pharmacy school.
And I want to pursue Urban Planning because it is my interest.

:oops: I would appreciate any advice or thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

My mother wants me to go to California Northstate University and try my best to obtain a Pharmacist license.

I can immediately tell you that this is the worst choice out of the three. The other two are up to you but I'm not sure about the job prospects of urban planning compared to pharmacy.

For better job prospects, a better work environment, and excellent salary, there is computer programming, finance, accounting, engineering, etc. that do not require you to take out $200k+ in loans and spend another 4 years of your life in school.

Reactions: 1 user
You should pursue something that you're interested in. You don't want to be working a job you have no passion for. If you haven't already, try shadowing a pharmacist and get some experience in urban planning and see which you like better. I would take the year to bump up your grade and to think about what you want to do.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You should do what interests YOU. Pharmacy is a career that can be very rewarding but also has a lot of stress and stupid bullcrap. If you don't enjoy at least some aspects of it, you'll be a miserable SOB within a year of graduating.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

both options are available to me now, but there's a conflict between what I want and what my family wants.

My father wants me to improve my grades in a year and try to get in a better Pharmacy school.

Do what is right for YOU.

Your parents may not approve, but it isn't their life. Make your own path in life, always.

Just go. You may not be able to get into another school with your stats. Better to be floating as a pharmacist than working minimum wage job with a useless Bachelors.

You are such a troll! Give it a rest already!

I can immediately tell you that this is the worst choice out of the three. The other two are up to you but I'm not sure about the job prospects of urban planning compared to pharmacy.

For better job prospects, a better work environment, and excellent salary, there is computer programming, finance, accounting, engineering, etc. that do not require you to take out $200k+ in loans and spend another 4 years of your life in school.

A friend of mine got a masters degree in urban planning. He sells cell phones for a living.

People I graduated pharmacy school with are still unemployed.

I'd say neither.

Reactions: 1 users