lady1

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hi everyone.. Hope you are all doing well

So my story.. I always wanted to pursue medicine but went to law school due to practical reasons. Next year I'm a JD but I don't want to be a lawyer.
The thought of pursuing medicine/dentistry has never really disappeared.

It's been one year since my diagnose of Crohn's ..and even though I'm not on medicine (anymore) I am low energy, have headaches and I have to wake up 1 hour earlier just for my stool..

I am so scared of failing.. Should I pursue my dream regardless of Crohns?

Last edited:

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
I would not pursue medicine (or any other career change) until after having all chronic conditions like your Crohn's and your headaches well under control. Sounds like a call to your GI and your neurologist is the first step for you regardless. Then some time shadowing both dentists and physicians would be wise. You've already made one career decision for the wrong reason, so do your research and educate yourself first this time around so that you can choose your new career for the right reasons.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Goro
OP
lady1

lady1

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
I would not pursue medicine (or any other career change) until after having all chronic conditions like your Crohn's and your headaches well under control. Sounds like a call to your GI and your neurologist is the first step for you regardless. Then some time shadowing both dentists and physicians would be wise. You've already made one career decision for the wrong reason, so do your research and educate yourself first this time around so that you can choose your new career for the right reasons.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you, appreciate it.