Should I put college scholarships in my EC's on the AMCAS app

rhughart

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anybody included college scholarships that they recieved in High School in their list of EC's on the AMCAS? I have 13 EC's and could add two more if I add those scholarships. There is a choice for awards on the pull-down menu, what do you guys think? :confused:

uvce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
Status
rhughart said:
Has anybody included college scholarships that they recieved in High School in their list of EC's on the AMCAS? I have 13 EC's and could add two more if I add those scholarships. There is a choice for awards on the pull-down menu, what do you guys think? :confused:
This question has been asked before, and the answer was yes, particularly if you need to maintain your GPA in college for the scholarship to continue. One example would be the National Merit Scholarship.

mychelle774

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2006
Houston, TX
Status
Pre-Medical
uvce said:
This question has been asked before, and the answer was yes, particularly if you need to maintain your GPA in college for the scholarship to continue. One example would be the National Merit Scholarship.
Personally I would lump all acadmeic achievements like this into one slot. You don't have to fill all 15. Quality not quantity.

About the Ads

CTtarheel

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
If you've got the room, go for it. If they want to ignore it fine, but you can't help yourself with what you don't tell them.

burntfries

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I did it, even if i'm not sure what it says about me as a college student =p can't hurt, right?

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
The Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
I second Mychelle's suggestion to lump all minor academic honors like dean's list and university specific scholarships under one heading. Personally, I think something national in scope like a Goldwater or Fulbright deserve that much individual attention. Yet I doubt it really matters either way.

About the Ads