Should I put college scholarships in my EC's on the AMCAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhughart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody included college scholarships that they recieved in High School in their list of EC's on the AMCAS? I have 13 EC's and could add two more if I add those scholarships. There is a choice for awards on the pull-down menu, what do you guys think? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

rhughart said:
Has anybody included college scholarships that they recieved in High School in their list of EC's on the AMCAS? I have 13 EC's and could add two more if I add those scholarships. There is a choice for awards on the pull-down menu, what do you guys think? :confused:
This question has been asked before, and the answer was yes, particularly if you need to maintain your GPA in college for the scholarship to continue. One example would be the National Merit Scholarship.

uvce said:
This question has been asked before, and the answer was yes, particularly if you need to maintain your GPA in college for the scholarship to continue. One example would be the National Merit Scholarship.

Personally I would lump all acadmeic achievements like this into one slot. You don't have to fill all 15. Quality not quantity.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've got the room, go for it. If they want to ignore it fine, but you can't help yourself with what you don't tell them.

I did it, even if i'm not sure what it says about me as a college student =p can't hurt, right?

I second Mychelle's suggestion to lump all minor academic honors like dean's list and university specific scholarships under one heading. Personally, I think something national in scope like a Goldwater or Fulbright deserve that much individual attention. Yet I doubt it really matters either way.