Should I put S grade on Calc 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abeautifulday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to submit the application in a next few days. I am taking the Calc 3 and I only got about 2.6 for the class. Should I put S grade (Satisfactory grade and no GPA) for Calc 3 since the class is just the requirement for graduation and not the pre-pharm preq. Plus, I got 4.0 for Calc 2, so I can use this grade for pre-pharm preq. My question is "does it look bad on my transcript ?" Does it affect my chance?

Members don't see this ad.

You have give exactly what the course grade is listed in your transcript, regardless if it's required for pharmacy school or not. Since it's not a mandatory course, it shouldn't be too bad, but if they ask you need to provide an explanation regarding why you earned that grade.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly Math is not my strength and I did bad on the exams. I will have the final exam on August 22nd and If I did good, I think I will get 3.0ish. However, I don't think I will get a high score on the final exam, so I have a chance to put S/NS (Satisfactory grade/ non-satisfactory grade) for my grade until tomorrow. I don't know what to do now, If I put GPA, my overall GPA will be lower, but If I put S grade, I don't know if I look bad on my transcript. Anyone has any experienced about this? I haven't had any S or W grade on my transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly Math is not my strength and I did bad on the exams. I will have the final exam on August 22nd and If I did good, I think I will get 3.0ish. However, I don't think I will get a high score on the final exam, so I have a chance to put S/NS (Satisfactory grade/ non-satisfactory grade) for my grade until tomorrow. I don't know what to do now, If I put GPA, my overall GPA will be lower, but If I put S grade, I don't know if I look bad on my transcript. Anyone has any experienced about this? I haven't had any S or W grade on my transcript.

If you can't get high score on that exam and know that for sure (you sound exactly like you know you will not get high score on that exam), request the professor or the registrar office to change your grade for that class to be recorded with S/NS now if your school indeed gives you that option. That is better than a C- or D which will lower you GPA a lot. And S/NS grade is not taken to the PharmCAS calculation for GPA.

But you need to be decisive and act quickly (that is one of the needed characters for healthcare professional right ?? :) )

But do you guys know if S grade will affect to my chance since I am about finish the application in a next few days.

But do you guys know if S grade will affect to my chance since I am about finish the application in a next few days.

c'mon bro... affecting your application or not, the damage is done and nothing you can do about it. You want to receive an S/NS or your want C- or D which is worse ?? :)

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Tbh, I would rather drop if I know I'm only guarantee at most a C.