Should I put this job on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I worked as a Sales Intern for an internet marketing company. I basically had to find new client companies that wanted advertisement. The position was mostly internet research and cold calling (which I managed to avoid for 5 months). Are these kinds of jobs worth putting on AMCAS? Would it be looked down on because it's sales?

I have very few ECs (a year of hospital volunteering, extremely insignificant research, a few IT internships). I also worked in a computer lab, 5 hours a week. Should I leave it out because it was only 5 hours? I will only be able to fill 5-7 slots for the experiences. I appreciate any advice :)

Members don't see this ad.

You should definitely include any work experience you've had, especially if you held that job while in school.

I'd include all work experiences. You'll have more to talk about in interviews, where you should be enthusiastic about all the things you learned in those positions, even if you worked only a few hours a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put all your work and volunteer experience down. Med schools want people who are energetic. If you don't put anything down, they'll think you were just sitting around being lazy. ;)

^^^Good advice. In fact, lie about your grades too. It might be a good idea to take harder courses at community colleges, and then if you flunk them you can pretend it never happened and not send in your transcripts. Hey, if you want to be really cunning, you can even give the admissions committee members sexual favors in exchange for an acceptance! :thumbup:

Prozach said:
^^^Good advice. In fact, lie about your grades too. It might be a good idea to take harder courses at community colleges, and then if you flunk them you can pretend it never happened and not send in your transcripts. Hey, if you want to be really cunning, you can even give the admissions committee members sexual favors in exchange for an acceptance! :thumbup:

Prozach is catching on! There's always loop holes in any system ;)

Prozach said:

I'm not sure how sincere the author is in his criticism, but I would like to build off of this.

Don't act like a street hooker on your transcript. Don't even act like a higher-class hooker. Just be yourself! You don't need to ***** your data and put whatever meaningless crap you can on your application. If it's meaningless to you, then don't put it on. What will you say when the ADCOMS ask you how it impacted your life? Will you lie to them? Will you sound disingenuous? The objective of the application is to show what kind of person you are. Are you the kind of person who makes meaningless achievements and positions just to put fill up spaces on the form? It shows. We're not in the phony 90s anymore.

ADCOMs see through this BS now. Just how undergrad ADCOMs are seeing through this BS. It is no longer working, guys. Schools don't want phonies.