Should I put this on my applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrAshleyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I need help deciding whether or not to put something on my apps. In the fall after I graduated high school (fall '07) I started college at a small liberal arts school. Towards the end of the semester, I decided I wanted to go to a different school (there were a number of factors that led to this decision). Since I was young for my class (I had just turned 18 that November), I decided to withdraw from my classes and the school as a whole before final exams, and therefore did not receive any grades from that institution. I took the next semester off and entered a large state school the following year as a freshman with no prior credits (fall '08). From there, I was a traditional student and my state school never even knew I had been at the liberal arts school. Do I need to list these withdrawn classes on my med school apps? I don't even have a transcript from the liberal arts school and there's no mention of it on my state school transcript because I did not have any credits to transfer.

I don't think those dropped classes are relevant, but I also don't want to get in any trouble and comprimise my chances of getting into med school. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I need help deciding whether or not to put something on my apps. In the fall after I graduated high school (fall '07) I started college at a small liberal arts school. Towards the end of the semester, I decided I wanted to go to a different school (there were a number of factors that led to this decision). Since I was young for my class (I had just turned 18 that November), I decided to withdraw from my classes and the school as a whole before final exams, and therefore did not receive any grades from that institution. I took the next semester off and entered a large state school the following year as a freshman with no prior credits (fall '08). From there, I was a traditional student and my state school never even knew I had been at the liberal arts school. Do I need to list these withdrawn classes on my med school apps? I don't even have a transcript from the liberal arts school and there's no mention of it on my state school transcript because I did not have any credits to transfer.

I don't think those dropped classes are relevant, but I also don't want to get in any trouble and comprimise my chances of getting into med school. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!!

Yes. If you don't, you're pretty much screwing your chances of getting into medical school as the original school has records of you attending.

Request a transcript from them, see what it says on it and whatever it does say... you HAVE to include on your application. Medical schools can easily find out all schools that have info of you attending so don't try to hide it..

Yes. If you don't, you're pretty much screwing your chances of getting into medical school as the original school has records of you attending.

Request a transcript from them, see what it says on it and whatever it does say... you HAVE to include on your application. Medical schools can easily find out all schools that have info of you attending so don't try to hide it..

OK, thank you!! That's very helpful! :thumbup: