Should I put traveling on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTKid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I put my 2 months of travel through south east Asia on my primary apps?

I didn't do it for mission work. I didn't do it for medical aid. I didn't do it for any kind of volunteer work in mind.

I did it so I could get out of Cali and find out what's out there.

Anyone else put this on the apps? How did you present it? Should I leave this out?

Members don't see this ad.

i put traveling in asia with my other hobbies. did not elaborate on it.

Should I put my 2 months of travel through south east Asia on my primary apps?

I didn't do it for mission work. I didn't do it for medical aid. I didn't do it for any kind of volunteer work in mind.

I did it so I could get out of Cali and find out what's out there.

Anyone else put this on the apps? How did you present it? Should I leave this out?

If it gave you a new outlook, you could mention it in your personal statement.

Members don't see this ad :)
It could be a talking point during an interview, especially if the interviewer has also traveled to the region. I guess it depends if you want to talk about the experience during an interview.

If you have room you should absolutely put it. How many applicants have had the opportunity to travel? It is something that might help you stick in an interviewer or application screener's mind. Especially if you are otherwise a bit of a cookie-cutter applicant, a hobby or experience which seems totally out of the blue can make an applicant more human.

I put traveling in with studying abroad. If you have room, it give interviewer something to small talk about.