Should I quit work to study for MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

futureMD4294

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good evening SDN fam,

I am 23 years old, and I recently graduated and accepted a job as an Ophthalmic Technician. I have been working for 4 months now, and this job allows me plenty of patient care experiences and a good hourly salary. Now I have not started studying for the MCAT, but I am aiming on applying this cycle, 6-7 months from now. I have realized that working here full time and MCAT is not possible. My company only allows full time workers. I also desire to retake Genetics, a course in which I received a C in back in senior year.
**My stats (3.6 cum 3.43 science as of now with plenty of other work and shadowing experiences)
**I am crushed to leave work, because everyone at work is great and have involved so much time into my training, but of course my path to medical school is much more important.

Now, with all this, I plan on asking my manager for one of the 2 requests:

1. Ask for part time, study MCAT and work part time (but I feel like it still might not be enough time to study cause I am very weak in my science knowledge) (SKIP taking the 1 science course)

2. Ask for semester off, with high possibility of getting fired, and study Full time MCAT, with 1 science course retake.

Thanks in advance fam

Members don't see this ad.

Are you taking any classes?

If you aren't taking any classes and you are working full time, you should be able to study for the MCAT...imo.

Are you taking any classes?

If you aren't taking any classes and you are working full time, you should be able to study for the MCAT...imo.
not at the moment, but as my post says I am considering to re-take 1 class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.