Medical Should I quite toxic job? Will that affect AMCAS application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've held this job for several years, which was a major source of clinical hours and patient experience. I referenced this as a most meaningful on my AMCAS, and put the reference information of my boss at the time. I've also received a LOR from someone who I work closely with. During the ED application process, I got a promotion, which I mentioned in an update letter before the interview. Anyway, I got accepted and now, post-acceptance, realize this job is actually killing me, making me miserable, stressed out, etc.

What I want to do is call my boss, explain that I don't think I'm suited to for the position, and ask for a demotion to my original position while staying with the company. However, if I do this I have some fears about him/her "retaliating" when contacted as a reference for this activity. I'm also unsure how the school would take this and my worst fear is having my acceptance rescinded.

I have no clue what to do, so opinions are very much appreciated
Are you still in a probationary period? Ask your boss that things aren't working out for you with this promotion and you want to know what you can do to make things work out.

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, I'm still relatively new (about 1 month). The issue is, we have "mentorship" meetings but these turn into more berate/passive aggressive sessions where I essentially get chewed out for not knowing a protocol, etc.
No job is worth a LOR if it's toxic. Get out while you can., politely.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.