Should I re-take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinser555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received my June 2009 PCAT scores and got a whooping 58% composite lol. Since I have already submitted my pharmcas application, I was wondering if schools would even see my re-take. If I do re-take it I would sit for the October exam. Thanks for the help....

Members don't see this ad.

I have received my June 2009 PCAT scores and got a whooping 58% composite lol. Since I have already submitted my pharmcas application, I was wondering if schools would even see my re-take. If I do re-take it I would sit for the October exam. Thanks for the help....

one of my friends got 58% the first time she took it and 77% the second time she took it. so definitely take it again and try to get at least 75% if you can.

I agree I can do better... Yet will the pharmacy schools see the october PCAT or will they have already viewed my June ones mad mad a decision about interviews....

I agree I can do better... Yet will the pharmacy schools see the october PCAT or will they have already viewed my June ones mad mad a decision about interviews....

they will see scores from every test that you send them. with multiple scores:

with your composite PCAT scores, schools will do one of the following:

1. take the average of your PCAT scores and use that value as your PCAT score for the application.

2. use the most recent PCAT score.

3. use your highest PCAT score.

each school is different, so check to see what they do. as for scores changing in the individual sections, i'm not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen people claim they suddenly got invited for interviews after the schools got sent their January scores. Some schools make their decisions later than others so you might as well improve your chances by retaking in October and getting a higher score.

Do the schools you have in mind look at composite only or all the subsections?

Post your subsection marks too to be thorough. But regardless a 58% composite indicates scores on the low side so you should strongly consider retaking. Good luck.