Medical Should I re-write personal statement as re-applicant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming that my PS went through many critiques and was really well-polished last cycle, would you advise re-writing the PS? I'm comfortable keeping it but my concern is whether or not schools will compare this next application to my previous one and notice that it hasn't changed.

Also, should I be addressing the fact that I am a reapplicant somewhere in the PS? I feel this is unwise because I will be applying to schools I didn't apply to last time.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Absolutely re-write PS. Depending on the situation, then maybe write about why. Would need more info on that to advise properly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, go ahead and rewrite it. What have you got to lose? No you don't need to say you are a reapplicant in your PS, especially if you are adding schools to your list that you didn't have in the previous year. I also presume you will be applying to DO schools.

Thanks for the responses. I guess my genuine follow-up question is- what is the reason why I would want to re-write it? Again, assuming that the PS is impeccable (bear with me), why would I want to spend the weeks-months drafting a new one? I'm afraid that my new PS won't be as good as my current one.

I'm sure it sounds stubborn but I'm genuine. Would either of you know if there any well-known SDN users who are willing to read over PS? Thank you!

1) You didnt get in for whatever reason. Why? And what did you do to fix it? If you dont change your app, which includes your PS, we presume you changed nothing.

2) At face value, it's pure laziness

I have some time if you'd like me to read it/make suggestions. With that said, I'd prefer to read over a new statement that would need editing, instead of the same "impeccable" one that doesnt need edits...

Status
Not open for further replies.