Should I reschedule my interview on thursday?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowys435

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically I have an interview on thursday at a top 10 school that I really want to go attend. However, I got really sick last week and I have the remnants of a hacking cough. Every time I talk too long my throat keeps getting dry and get that feeling when I'm chocking and I have to take breaks. I'm currently hoping it gets better by thursday but I'm not sure. Should I just call and reschedule, hope it gets better, or go anyways and just bring water with me and apologize for my coughing fits. I'm worried pushing my interview later might be bad because it will be later. Or maybe they don't even reschedule.

Members don't see this ad.

It's only Tuesday, you should be fine by Thursday. If you really can't form a sentence without hacking up a lung, try and reschedule. But it sounds like some of this is related to nerves. It's a big day and it's important, but you are going to do fine.. If it were me, I wouldn't use a cough as an excuse to buy more time. Be confident and be yourself. If you cough during the interview, it will give you something to talk about.

Reactions: 1 user
I know the feeling...having a coughing fit during the interview can be nerve-racking. I wouldn't change the interview if I were you though. Just drink some soothing tea before and constantly keep a Halls coughdrop at the back of your mouth throughout the day-those usually help me when I have a cough as it keeps my throat moist. I don't think the interviewer will care...you can just explain that you have a bit of a throat irritation if they comment on it.