Should I reschedule my jan 26 mcat?! can't seem to improve my TPR FL exam scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mel0n

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just took my 4th practice exam today...here's my practice fl score breakdowns

#1--aamc 10: 7ps/8v/8bs= 23
#2-tpr 1 fl: 6/7/8=21
#3--tpr 2 fl: 6/6/7=19 :(
#4--tpr 3 fl: 5(freaked out prior to exam and blanked out)/8/9=23

i'm so worried about my scores, and i at least want to get to the upper 20s....when i do my hwk and practice passages on my own, i score way better...i even got verbal up to 11 once, and bio up to 12...i'm not sure of what to do...i know that princeton review is harder than the real thing, but i'm not sure if that's an excuse for my scores...don't know if i am still able to raise my score or should i postpone....

any feedback is appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm so worried about my scores, and i at least want to get to the upper 20s....when i do my hwk and practice passages on my own, i score way better...i even got verbal up to 11 once, and bio up to 12...i'm not sure of what to do...i know that princeton review is harder than the real thing, but i'm not sure if that's an excuse for my scores...don't know if i am still able to raise my score or should i postpone....

Any chance you are in California/Arizona/Nevada? I am desperately looking for a testing spot in January.

You've got over a month, and your last test was a significant improvement in 2/3 sections. I'd keep grinding through the holidays. If you would have scored only a 7 in PS on your last test (as you had before), you would have had a 24...a 5 point increase from your previous TPR exam.

I vote you keep on keepin' on, and reassess in two weeks.

If your first was a 23 thats pretty decent starting grounds. I'd say just chug through. Despite what SDN says, 6 weeks is a LOT of time to review everything.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your first was a 23 thats pretty decent starting grounds. I'd say just chug through. Despite what SDN says, 6 weeks is a LOT of time to review everything.

I agree.

There have been people that have improved their score by 8 points in that amount of time. While that isn't the norm, I'd try to study as efficiently as possible. ie, zone in on weaknesses and do as much practice as possible. Many people find that they focused too much on content review. Personally, I learn by doing.

i think you should postpone. this will allow your mind to be under less pressure to achieve a drastic improvement, which is what you need at this point. the nerves of getting soo much done in 6 weeks can be very counterproductive. if you are not applying until next cycle, then you will not loose anything from postponing as you can still comfortably apply early.

Yes you can improve in time, rushing won't change a thing. so focus, and take a very "delibrate practice", build on what you have been doing, if change is required, change!

Thanks so much!!! Realized my biggest mistake was not doing post-test analysis on my practice exams...and focusing TOO much of my time content reviewing! I mean, one of the chapters was 60 pages long and it took me 6 hours to read (with note-taking too)...and of course, what was actually tested was so basic that it was unnecessary to spend so much time on it....

been doing more post-test/post-passage analysis on my right and wrong answers...still content reviewing, but just skimming and getting the formulas down...:thumbup: definitely focusing in on practice problems as much as possible. i'll re-asses in a couple weeks and i guess base my decision then!

Are these TPR FLs from the "Cracking the MCAT" book? I heard that these tests are much harder than the real deal. Try another AAMC one.