1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I reschedule?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bluesTank, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bluesTank

bluesTank Zombie
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Taking my MCAT may 16th...I am scoring 12BS 10PS and 7VR almost consistantly. I have next week to study hard core, then finals week, then another week to study hard core again. Do yall think it would be worth pushing back my MCAT a few more weeks? OR just take it, and sign up for a new one if I think I might of done poorly? It seems like I might be able to get my PS up a little bit, but as far as VR is goes, I don't know how much more I can get it up, who knows (just got a 6 friday).

If I got a 29-30 think I would stand a chance with my stats? (See below)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sexyman

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would take it.

4. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Take it. I saw your stats. You are gold. Hit the 30.

5. Zoom-Zoom

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If I was on an admissions committee, I'de have to wonder about a student with a 4.0 scoring a 30 on the MCAT. It wouldn't do your stats justice. On the other hand, you're a strong enough applicant that it's hard to imagine being affected too much by any score...but I'de try to stay above a 30.

6. djones473

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    even if you get the same score you'lll be fine with your other stats. i say go for it and get it outta the way.

7. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    A 7 on verbal will disqualify your application from further consideration at many schools. Don't take the MCAT until you are as ready as you can be. If you end up retaking it, all your scores will be reported to the schools you apply to.

8. floatingsponge

7+ Year Member

bluesTank:

A VR=7 is minimum to be considered in any med school. If the best you can do is a VR=7 then the real exam can be +/- 2pts. You need at least a VR=8 to be considered an interview given that your GPA/EC are great. Med schools do accept a few with VR=7 but that population is very small. Continue to work on VR even after you take the exam to prepare for retake if the score is not good.

One strategy I recommend is to take the whole summer off studying for the VR after you have taken the MCAT.

9. qtrlifecrisis

qtrlifecrisis Left of the middle
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you focus your practice on only verbal right now, you'll be fine in time for the May 16th exam. If you reschedule, you'll have to re-learn bio and physics as well, which will be a pain...

10. badasshairday

badasshairday Vascular and Interventional Radiology
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just do a ton of verbal passages a day and timed tests. I did that for a month and got back to a 9 from a 4.