Dental Should I retake a math class that I passed with a C before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBoneDoctah

Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I need help deciding shall I retake a math class that I passed before but I want to get an A in it that way it averages to a B and it would help to bring e up my math GPA. I got an email from the school that basically says if I continue and take it wont count to my GPA but it will show on my transcript. Now I don't care about the school's GPA I want it to count it the dental application GPA, just making sure that it will since it will be posted on my transcript?

Here's the email:
By law, you cannot earn credit again for a course that you have already completed successfully, unless it is one of the very few courses specially designated to allow repeats. If you are receiving this email, then the course you are enrolled in is not one of those courses for which repeats are allowed or you have exceeded the repeat limit for the course. If you have unintentionally enrolled in a previously completed course, you should drop the course IMMEDIATELY. Speak with your advisor if in doubt. If you remain enrolled, the grade you earn will not be counted in your GPA, even though it will show on your transcript. If you drop your class after the drop with refund deadline has passed, you will receive a ''W'' grade and you will still have to pay for the class even though it will not count.
Did you get a C last time?

If you retake a course, both courses will show up on your dental application and be factored into your GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.