General Should I retake A&P classes that are separate now that I've changed majors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a rising sophomore. So I originally began my freshman year as pre-nursing. Our school has Anatomy and Physiology as separate 4 credit classes, except for the pre-nursing version which is A&P combined into one class. I got a 4.0 in the combined A&P class during the fall semester before I changed my major during the winter semester. Will I be fine taking just that combined A&P class, or should I take Anatomy/lab one semester and then the separate physiology class the next semester? Or, should I just take physiology? Thank you in advance!

Where there is "A&P" there is typically A&P 1+2. Is this a 1-2 series? If not, I would recommend taking both of the mentions Anatomy and Physiology courses to get the full gist of it all. That said, this is not required for med school so you can do with it what you will. If you're interested in say PA however, the full two courses are required OR A+P 1+2, in which the same recommendation stands as A+P 1 (or just A+P) would be insufficient with only Anatomy or Physiology thereafter because there will be gaps otherwise.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreeing. It totally depends on what your destination is going to be. Do you have a health professions advisor or career advisor who can lay out how your completed classes could meet any general prerequisites for health professional careers you might consider? A&P for nursing won't help you for medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, or veterinary, but it could help with PA, PT, OT, SLP, Aud, or other allied health depending on what prereqs you must take.

Status
Not open for further replies.