Should I retake Cell-bio. Plan for Fall semester for DIY postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dragonjinse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I know there are so many thread about this topic. But please hear me out and give me advice.

I'm doing DIY postbac right now. IT's been good so far. I got 1 A in Neuroscience and will get another A in psychology. Now, I'm trying to decide what classes I need to take in fall.

The options are:
1. retake Cell biology (I got C for the first time).
2. retake OChem (I retook them twice and got B- for the highest back in 2013)
3. retake microbiology (I got C for the first time).
4. take upper level courses that I never take before.

Which option is the best for fall? Beside taking classes, I am working full time, shadowing doctors and doing volunteer.
My sGPA is 2.5 (average all the retakes in DO new policy).

Please give me some advice, please.
P.S. I haven't taken MCAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Option 4. Take new challenging upper level science classes. Never retake a B or B-. Don't retake the Cs either. Just focus on new classes.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, I would recommend doing an SMP- those are made to compensate for low GPAs. However, given your really low sGPA, I would caution you: that alone is enough to screen you out. You need to prioritize your schools work and make sure you have a strong upward trend with the higher-level classes- I'm talking about A- and As all around.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say option 4 and by the end of your post-bac you feel like you can't seem to boost your GPA where it needs to be then apply for an SMP.

Thank you very much, guys!!

I'm going to take upper level classes then.