General Should I retake class I got a C- in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took physics 1 honors with calculus and got a C-. Do I have to retake that exact version of physics or could I take the non honors one or no calculus?

While technically it might not matter in medical school admissions, it may matter for your degree completion. It may make more of a difference if you apply to DO schools because some may lean to do grade replacement when calculating your GPA for their process (AACOMAS doesn't do it for everyone anymore). Not repeating the exact same course may prevent those specific admissions processes from doing the grade replacement.

If you didn't retake the same course that you were so close to getting at least the C in, I'd question judgment and look at it is if you were taking the easy way out. I dont believe it would be in the way of offering an interview, but if it was me interviewing you, I'd possibly bring it up. If someone were to bring it up (if you took the easier course), how would you answer? Rhetorical question for you to think about - doesn't require you to respond answering here.

TLDR is to repeat the same course in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.