Should I retake DAT??? Low QR, Good AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kpat1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just took the DAT today and was wondering if I should retake? I made a low QR score of 16.
Here are my scores

AA - 21
TS - 22
PA - 21
QR - 16
RC - 21
Bio - 24
GC - 21
OC - 21

Also my undergrad overall GPA is 3.38 and science GPA is 3.58
Should I retake the DAT or go ahead and try to apply to schools?

Please Help!

Members don't see this ad.

just give it a shot. nothing else under 21.

no chance i would, congrats those are amazing scores!

Members don't see this ad :)
Call a few schools and talk to them about their cut offs

Reactions: 1 user
Usually schools give more wiggle room on the QR so you should be ok. It's your GPA that needs work. But it's within the realm of possibility too.

Call the schools but due to your scores I think some would overlook the 16 because you killed the other sections. I think QR tends to be the low part of many peoples breakdowns. By the way congratulations on your test you did great!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will start dialing numbers now.

Call and ask. I would probably not retake those are great scores. Nice job.

Can I get a 'HELL NO' for DAT scores...Congrats buddy! You should start working on your interview skills & select wisely when applying next cycle.

Nope! I got a 16 on QR and I ended up getting four interviews. You should be okay!

I got a 15 and ended up with 4 interviews and applied in october lol, i think you'll be okay.

Hello,

I just took the DAT today and was wondering if I should retake? I made a low QR score of 16.
Here are my scores

AA - 21
TS - 22
PA - 21
QR - 16
RC - 21
Bio - 24
GC - 21
OC - 21

Please Help!
You should be fine. If youre worried about it call/email some schools and see what they say.

Don't retake! I had a 21/22/20 this cycle, with a 16 QR (and a low 3.1 GPA)---multiple adcoms said they were impressed with my scores during interviews. I was bummed about my QR at first, but it hardly matters. Apply!

A friend of mine had 21+ on all section, except a 19 in RC and 15 in QR and got into 2 dental schools this cycle.

Hello,

Here are my scores

AA - 21
TS - 22
PA - 21
QR - 16
RC - 21
Bio - 24
GC - 21
OC - 21

Please Help!
Absolutely not. Your GPA is very similar to mine, and your AA and TS are much higher. I also got a 16 QR and had a successful cycle. Apply before August and you should get some interviews.

I agree with everyone on here. You do NOT need to retake!! Congratulations on amazing scores!! I also received a 16 on the QR and received 6 interview invitations this past cycle. Relax and pat yourself on the back for a job well done! :)

Thank you so much everyone!! I feel so much better after reading all of your replies. I'm so excited to start dental school!!!