Should I retake MCAT/What are my chances/ School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Masttt91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ohio resident Ohio state grad. sciGPA 3.44 cGPa 3.51 MCAT 25 (8,8,9)

Financially Disadvantaged-talked about being homeless
210hrs hospital volunteer
60hrs DO shadowing- DO Letter
160 Nutrition Education Internship
400 hrs TA
112 Research
Worked
Student Org founder/president

So far I have OU-HCOM(probably reach?), WVSOM, LECOM-E.
What other schools should I add or should I just retake the mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@Masttt91 You should be fine... Add VCOM, ACOM, PCOM-GA, LMU-COM, KCOM, SOMA, KYCOM, MU-COM, CUSOM.

YOur MCAT score is very balance, GPA decent, so you should be ok; but apply broadly say (20+ schools); probably avoid Western Ponoma and Iowa

Members don't see this ad :)
YOur MCAT score is very balance, GPA decent, so you should be ok; but apply broadly say (20+ schools); probably avoid Western Ponoma and Iowa

just curious why avoid DMU and western?

I went to Western Ponoma open-house, and last year MCAt average was 29. I called DMU myself to ask and they told me to retake any MCAT <28 even for Iowan residents.

do you still think I have a shot at OUHCOM?

I think you should be fine at OUHCOM, but again apply as many school as you can afford to increase your chance. With your stats, I wont mind to go OOS. I myself apply 20+ schools, it costs a bundle I know; but it is just the way it is

Let say you got a decent chance to get accepted at any give DO school at 33% (i would love to take that odds). There is still 2/3 chance that u may not get in if you apply only 1 schools. Increasing number of schools thus will increase your chance significantly.