Should I retake MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FroYoOreo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 517 three years ago, and got a 518 one month ago. Plan to apply this cycle.
Should I retake MCAT? I am considering it because I really messed up the C/P section (132 the first time, and 129 this time). I guess I didn't spend too much time studying C/P this time.

Since I can mark "expect future MCAT score" when submitting the application, should I retake?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 517 three years ago, and got a 518 one month ago. Plan to apply this cycle.
Should I retake MCAT? I am considering it because I really messed up the C/P section (132 the first time, and 129 this time). I guess I didn't spend too much time studying C/P this time.

Since I can mark "expect future MCAT score" when submitting the application, should I retake?
Don't retake a 518!!! Let your EGO GO!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
3.65 is not a low GPA. bruh please don't retake your 518.
Thanks! I was very sad when the score came out. I did well on my worst section (CARS) but totally messed up my best section (C/P). Guess the risk of retaking is not worth the potential benefit.

Why are these posts even on here? Retake a 518 with a 3.65 GPA and I would say you do not have good reasoning skills.

Reactions: 1 user
Just for your information everyone, with my 3.65 and 517 mcat, I got 2 II and 2 WL 0 A last time I applied.
Why would anyone think I am here to brag?
Your stats are not the reason why you didn't have a better cycle. The reason could've been your personal statement, secondary essays, the way you interview, or your school list.

Last edited: