SHOULD I RETAKE?!?!?--PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorsDoItBetter, Oct 18, 2001.

1. DoctorsDoItBetter

DoctorsDoItBetter Junior Member

i got my MCAT scores today...i wound up doing a lot worse than i thought i did...i was expecting around a 32...here is what i got...

V-9
    B-10
    P-10
    Writing-T

SHOULD I RETAKE THE TEST IN APRIL?!?...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tBw

tBw totally deluded

what kind of schools are you trying to get into? Harvard, JHU, UCSF, etc? If so re-take it. You need to compare your MCAT score to the average at the schools you applied to. If on the other hand their average is 9.6 then you are already ahead of the game...

:)

onwis

4. jargon124

jargon124 Senior Member

It all depends. What is your GPA? What schools are you looking to apply to? 29 is not too bad at all - so if your GPA is strong (greater than 3.6) and you are not aiming for the top schools, there should not be a need for you to retake the test.

5. FLY

FLY Senior Member

Seems like a decent score.. but the Med school acceptance is based on the whole package...(I am soo tired of hearing that).. like your gpa, extracurricular activites, how passionate you are about practicing medicine, how strong you communicate.. and like the above post, what schools you are applying to etc... It is a fairly decent score to get into coupla state schools..But if you think your other areas are not strong enough and that you can do better than a 29 next time around, then I recommend you take it again...

6. none

none 1K Member

There is no need to retake. Schools will like that writing.

7. dustinspeer

dustinspeer Who's your daddy?

Great writing score though! And I wouldn't complain with a 29!