SHOULD I RETAKE?!?!?--PLEASE HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorsDoItBetter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got my MCAT scores today...i wound up doing a lot worse than i thought i did...i was expecting around a 32...here is what i got...

V-9
B-10
P-10
Writing-T

SHOULD I RETAKE THE TEST IN APRIL?!?...PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!

Members don't see this ad.

what kind of schools are you trying to get into? Harvard, JHU, UCSF, etc? If so re-take it. You need to compare your MCAT score to the average at the schools you applied to. If on the other hand their average is 9.6 then you are already ahead of the game...

:)

onwis

It all depends. What is your GPA? What schools are you looking to apply to? 29 is not too bad at all - so if your GPA is strong (greater than 3.6) and you are not aiming for the top schools, there should not be a need for you to retake the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a decent score.. but the Med school acceptance is based on the whole package...(I am soo tired of hearing that).. like your gpa, extracurricular activites, how passionate you are about practicing medicine, how strong you communicate.. and like the above post, what schools you are applying to etc... It is a fairly decent score to get into coupla state schools..But if you think your other areas are not strong enough and that you can do better than a 29 next time around, then I recommend you take it again...

There is no need to retake. Schools will like that writing.

Great writing score though! And I wouldn't complain with a 29!