Hi, I am a Canadian student, who's looking for some advice for the current dillemma I face. I took MCAT in August 2006 for the first time, and got 29S (P10 V9 BS10). But since my undergraduate GPA wasn't really high (3.53 when applying for the class of 2012), I decided to retake the test and ended up with 31O (P11, V10, BS 10) in May 2007. My application process (starting from junior year summer) wasn't successful. No interview, one waitlist prior to the interview. (I applied to the only top 20 schools, because the tuition in the states is too expensive for me as an international student, and I wouldn't be able to afford most of schools unless they are better than Canadian ones). I have started a Masters program in molecular biology (research-based) since this September, thinking my GPA might have been the biggest reason for the previous unfortunate outcome. I have registerd for April 2009 MCAT, but I am still wondering if I should really retake this test again. I graduated from my university (one of top schools in Canada) with 3.59 (almost stright As in my senior year) and scored a second-author publication from my honours project as well. My ECs were pretty alright - heavy on the research experience, and enough hospital exposure (this summer, I spent three months shadowing doctors in my home country), being on an executive position in a couple of student clubs/school activities, participating a young scientist conference with other students from my ethnic group this summer. I made sure I spent this past summer boosting my ECs. Now that I have to finish my MSc degree in order to be qualified to be accepted into med school, there are two year gap between now and the entering year. But I'd rather focus on my graduate studies and being actively involved in non-research based activities as well for the next two years, instead of worrying about MCAT or my undergraduate GPA all too much. My biggest question right now is, if my current MCAT score will not hold me back from being considered in the US schools, despite me being an international applicant. And another one is, what else would I be doing now other than my Masters degree to help my chances at top 20 US schools? Any advice will be really helpful, because I really want to be a doctor, even if I didn't get in last year. Thank you!