Should I retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1135735

I have a 515 on the MCAT. My GPA is my weak point. It's a 3.6. I'm doing an SMP this year and doing very well. My last 200+ undergrad credits were a 3.8+ (I messed up at the beginning of undergrad). I really want to be able to be accepted MD. Should I retake the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 515 on the MCAT. My GPA is my weak point. It's a 3.6. I'm doing an SMP this year and doing very well. My last 200+ undergrad credits were a 3.8+ (I messed up at the beginning of undergrad). I really want to be able to be accepted MD. Should I retake the MCAT?
No

Members don't see this ad :)
Hard no. Good score and no certainty that it will increase rather than decrease next time around. Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

You said your GPA was your weak point, so you're in an SMP with an undergrad GPA of 3.6 (most recent GPA 3.8)??? That's not what you said before...
I also took online undergraduate classes during this past semester while doing my SMP and was able to get my uGPA up to a 3.6. My last 200+ credits are above a 3.8.

Reactions: 1 user