This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XyZ1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are applying MD, note that some schools do have a 124-125 section cutoff for MCAT scores. With DO you might be able to let that score slide. I'd say to retake the exam if your goal is MD like you say, but only after significant preparation for the C/P section. On a side note, if you are retaking, can I have your CARS score? :lol: It's #goalzzz

Reactions: 1 user
The sad thing is that you might've been kinda set if you were Canadian, haha. I think that it would be worth it to retake if your CARS has really stayed so high consistently. You could bring up the science sections a lot through rigorous practice (UWorld, perhaps TBR to get a really strong foundation and intuition, taking some third party tests with good challenging C/P sections like NextStep and Altius). Physics II is the only pre-req I've never taken and I always thought physics would be a real weak point for me, but I'm still consistently getting 130-132 on C/P (here's hoping the 9/13 test won't jinx me).

Reactions: 1 user
If I may suggest (as a Canadian), you should apply to the MD program at McMaster University in Canada. That school is notorious for only using the CARS section of your MCAT, your GPA, and your CASPer test score to grant you interviews. They accept international students, and although their tuition is high, their MD program is only 3 years long so it should cost you about the same as going to an American School. Matching back into the US for residency afterward won't be too difficult either.