Medical Should I send a letter of interest / intent for medical School to my top choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently applying to medical schools. I have had 9 interviews and so far I have been accepted to 4 schools. Unfortunately, I still have not heard back from my number one choice in terms of interview or not. I also happen to currently attend undergrad at this same school and this school does accept updates on the applicant portal.

I have two questions:
  1. Do you think a letter of intent would be beneficial to my application? I don't have any substantial updates to add but it would entail that this school is my number one choice and I would attend here if accepted.
  2. If I do write such a letter, should I include that I have other acceptances? I see it as a way of showing I have true meaning behind my claims that while I have other options, I am still interested in this school. I see how it could come off in a bad light and I wanted to get your opinion on whether this may be a good idea or not.
Thank you!
Congratulations! Why are you fretting over not going to.your home undergraduate university for medical school? What's wrong with the acceptances you have in hand?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! There is absolutely nothing wrong with the schools that I have currently been accepted to and I would be excited to attend any of those. I only feel that I would regret not doing everything I could to try for the school at the top of my list and that is where my question is coming from.
Okay. With your stated motives in mind...

Agreeing with Goro, but with more words...

Your acceptances are a significant update to your file, and if you want to find out if your application is still viable for an II, it wouldn't hurt you to let them know. You still have time to make a final decision, but you have leverage. Just remain professional and confident knowing you have choices. If they say no, you're no worse off.

It is really important you remain professional. You never know if you get a future chance to do a residency or get a work position with that top choice medical school so don't burn your bridges. It is not the end if you don't go there for medical school.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.