Dental Should I send a letter of interest to a school I'm waitlisted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Confidential consult:

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for helping out through this service!

I have been very fortunate enough to receive an interview invite from one of my dream dental schools in early October.

On December 2nd, however, I was not able to hear back from the school and later received an email stating the following:

"We are writing to inform you that your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. Though we were unable to offer you a seat in the incoming class on December 2nd, you may receive an offer of acceptance between now and the end of February. We will update all applicants with an admissions decision (Acceptance, Wait List, Rejection) by early March. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions in the meantime."

After December, I was able to update my transcript for the recent semester and a few other volunteering/ research updates in the AADSAS app.

While I am not considered as a "waitlisted applicant," would it be okay to send in a Letter of Intent/ interest or since the email does state to "you may receive an offer of acceptance between now and the end of February," would it be better to just keep calm and wait?

Would a polite email stating about my recent AADSAS update also be helpful?

Since the email stated the pending nature of my application status, I wasn't sure if it is still okay to email them about my recent changes since they did mention "they are still reviewing" my application.

Thank you so much for your help in advance!
Technically you are a waitlisted applicant until further notice. If you know the school values update letters and letters of interest, sending one won't be a big deal though it won't guarantee anything either. If the school doesn't value that followup, beware.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.