Should I Send a Second Letter of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got wait listed at my top 2 choices. Sent a letter of intent to my top choice but found out that I'm in the bottom half of their very large wait list. Would it look bad to send a letter of intent to my second choice now that my top choice is looking extremely unlikely? I realize these letters probably don't mean much but I want to do whatever I can

Members don't see this ad.

You know the answer to this already.

Just in case: No.

Reactions: 4 users
So you intend to go to both schools if accepted to both?...interesting

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No, because the Admissions deans know you're full of ****.

Sorry to be blunt, but I just get tired of seeing these posts day in and day out.

So I got wait listed at my top 2 choices. Sent a letter of intent to my top choice but found out that I'm in the bottom half of their very large wait list. Would it look bad to send a letter of intent to my second choice now that my top choice is looking extremely unlikely? I realize these letters probably don't mean much but I want to do whatever I can

Reactions: 3 users
Send a "letter of continued interest" to your second choice.

Reactions: 1 user
You can send an update letter to your second choice and reiterate your continued interest in the school.

It's not like school B will know you already sent a LoI to school A. But as the wise users above said, it won't matter. Just sit back and be patient.